Research area or group: Theory and Simulation Group
Description of Group/Project:
The Theory and Simulation Group at ICN2 is offering a software engineer position to work on an interdisciplinary project, developed by ICN2 and BSC-CNS on cutting edge HPC applications. Specifically, the contract is tied to a European Project (the MaX Center of Excellence on Materials Design at the eXascale (http://www.max-centre.eu/) and will be temporary.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The candidate will work on the optimization and porting to high-performance hardware of SIESTA (http://icmab.es/siesta) one of the most popular Open Source software for materials science. The candidate will work in close cooperation with the core developers of the code.
- Develop and optimize code using state-of-the-art programming models and distributed paradigms.
- Explore the behavior of the applications on new emerging HPC hardware.
- Coordinate work with other developers of the software.
For Requeriments, Research Career Profile, Summary of conditions: please refer to the dedicated web page
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: April 25.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.